Optimise Product Potential
WILEX intends to exploit the full potential of its pipeline products by selectively entering into strategic co-development and commercialisation partnerships.
The antibody RENCAREX® was in a pivotal Phase III trial in the adjuvant treatment of non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). In October 2012 WILEX announced that RENCAREX® did not meet its primary endpoint and showed no improvement in median DFS in the Phase III registration trial. The trial therefore was terminated.
- WILEX has partnered RENCAREX® for co-development and commercialisation in certain countries of South Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, and Andorra) with the Spanish pharmaceutical company Laboratorios del Dr. Esteve, Barcelona, Spain (Press Release).
- WILEX AG granted US commercialisation rights to Prometheus Laboratories Inc. (Prometheus), San Diego, CA, USA in April 2011. Prometheus is an established speciality pharmaceutical and diagnostics company with a proven track record in gastroenterology and oncology. (Press Release)
A phase III registration trial for the imaging diagnostic candidate REDECTANE® (INN: 124I-Girentuximab) was completed and positive final data were announced in May 2010. The trial has shown that REDECTANE® with positron emission tomography (PET) and computer tomography (CT) is clearly superior to the use of diagnostic CT alone in diagnosing clear cell renal cell carcinomas. In the trial, 226 patients were examined with REDECTANE® PET/CT as well as with a diagnostic CT prior to kidney surgery.
- In June 2008 WILEX signed an agreement with Ion Beam Application S.A., Brussels, Belgium for the worldwide marketing, distribution and sale as well as for the manufacturing (radio-labelling) of REDECTANE®. (Press Release)
MESUPRON® belongs to the uPA programme of WILEX AG. According to the Company the uPA programme is a promising new non-cytotoxic approach in cancer therapy to specifically block tumour metastasis and primary tumour growth in solid cancers. The drug candidate MESUPRON® is being developed for anti-metastatic treatment in a wide variety of solid tumour types.
WILEX holds the worldwide commercialisation rights of its uPA programme, including the following development candidates:
- Oral uPA and serine protease inhibitor MESUPRON® (in phase II studies in patients with pancreatic or breast cancer)
- Several other compounds targeting components of the uPA system (Research)
WILEX seeks to partner its uPA programme with one pharmaceutical company on a worldwide basis for co-development and commercialisation.